Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it... is it actually happening?!

-
The upcoming Over-the-Air software update P2116.5 unlocks a host of new features like Digital Key. To use Digital Key you need to download the Polestar app (if you haven’t done so already) and, log in with your Polestar ID.

When the new OTA update is released, you will receive a notification prompt to install it in your car.

Please note that the new software will be automatically downloaded to your car when it becomes available during May.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ah, I see being discussed over here due to earlier facebook(!) posts.

I can see no mention of an app via the Polestar sign in area, and otherwise not had any comms barring the above email.

·
Super Moderator
1,114 Posts
It's an update to the existing app that you've probably already got installed. The one just called 'Polestar'

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's an update to the existing app that you've probably already got installed. The one just called 'Polestar'
Uninstalled that one ages ago due to it being an epic waste of space. Now reinstalled and waiting for the spinny wheel to finish, as noted elsewhere :) hoping I can kick the software update later too. finally :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
For me the app keept spining saying "No internet connection" until I killed it and restarted it.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
614 Posts
For me the app keept spining saying "No internet connection" until I killed it and restarted it.
It was fine earlier in the morning however their online service did not react well to users actually trying to use it and it's mostly timing out now.

The surprising thing is that it fell over before the marketing campaign (emails etc) and they decided to go ahead with it anyway, so now you probably have more people trying to use it due to being prompted by the email. Not a good look, but having worked in the industry, not the first time marketing jumped the gun.

·
Registered
72 Posts
got the "there is a new software version available for download" when I started the car up this morning. Only have approx 8km to drive to work so it is not finished downloading. Anyone taken the leap yet?

Had to reinstall the polestar app since it still went into the spinny wheel infinity load. After reinstall i got a popup saying Polestar explore - phone as key is enabled. and now i can log into my account.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Is it... is it actually happening?!

-
The upcoming Over-the-Air software update P2116.5 unlocks a host of new features like Digital Key. To use Digital Key you need to download the Polestar app (if you haven’t done so already) and, log in with your Polestar ID.

When the new OTA update is released, you will receive a notification prompt to install it in your car.

Please note that the new software will be automatically downloaded to your car when it becomes available during May.
Yup, Polestar sent out the press release about the update.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Android phone has updated the app but the car is suspiciously lacking any Internet connectivity ALL day.
And it still doesn't connect to my home WiFi, but it will to my mobile hotspot.
Hmmmm.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Got the app update this morning. The digital key has been set up and works, but I think the car hasn't got the latest update yet. The app isn't showing the realtime information about the SoC and isn't able to control the climate, but the door locking and unlocking is working. 🙂

Just going to have to wait for the car to get the update for the full functionality, I guess.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Got the app update this morning. The digital key has been set up and works, but I think the car hasn't got the latest update yet. The app isn't showing the realtime information about the SoC and isn't able to control the climate, but the door locking and unlocking is working. 🙂

Just going to have to wait for the car to get the update for the full functionality, I guess.
Hmm... so the app has some functionality without the OTA update.

On Android the app wasn't setup for auto update but if you go to properties it will give you the option to update it.

·
Registered
California
482 Posts

If you were able to set up the digital key at all, I think you already have the correct car software / OTA. It’s just the cloud side that’s not synced yet.

From the official FAQ:
After the latest software is installed and you have paired your device, there may be a period of time before the cloud side of the functionality is synced with the car. Generally, this sync happens immediately but a delay could be experienced, up to a maximum of 36 hours. If the remote vehicle functionality in the Polestar app is not available immediately after pairing, this could be the cause and we recommend trying again after a few hours. If the problem persists after more than 36 hours, please contact Polestar Support. This issue does not affect the pairing process.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Evening all The Polestar connect section is still greyed out (set to off) under the polestar privacy settings.
Any ideas. I have followed the instructions to this point. Also tried to set the 3 keys up but they
fail to pair 🙈

1 - 20 of 173 Posts