Polestar Forum banner

41 - 60 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Anyone in the US or Canada get the car OTA update yet?
The car OTA is installing on my car right now

Edit: Holds @StarPole's hand in solidarity after seeing they are also installing. Hoping for a non-brick when it completes!

·
Registered
972 Posts
Ahhh I thought the person you were replying to was in AL. Wonder why I can’t get it to go live. View attachment 5336
Guess they just went live and the mobile app doesn't work? Are you able to get through the ordering at all? Or maybe they stop you when you attempt to purchase, I didn't go that far yet.

·
Registered
Thunder, 19” wheels, charcoal interior, PPF Ceramic Coat & tinted windows, Black painted mirrors
127 Posts
I don't think they're in CA. I'm waiting for this, too....Getting a black custom plate was all part of the excitement! Tick tock!
I’m in SD and am waiting for my custom plate. Ordered two weeks ago.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Dang, it literally JUST went live for me as I was going back and forth with @Joel S. But, I'm leasing, and it says you can't order a custom plate if you lease. Learning and disappointment as I go 😩
Print out the form and mail it. ;)

I called, and they said it was because since they're the owner they have to approve of a licensing change like that. But I think that's just there as a catchall, our plate laws are bizarre to me, but the custom plate is assigned to you, not the car.

Reactions: joshuamj

·
Registered
485 Posts
OK. It’s been 20 minutes and the update seems to be finished. Infotainment screen was doing a few things, but has now stopped. They were a few clicking relays towards the end, but all is silent now. Do I dare unlock the car? Or should I wait a full hour and a half? @ArcElectric, what do you think?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Alright! Update went great! Celebratory GNT for me.

Took only 20 minutes. (First OTA also went great, BTW).

Paired digital key and app, which allows keyless locking, unlocking, and trunk kick sensor opening with phone as key. Displays lock status and charge in app, but can’t get app to lock/unlock or start climate on its own (yet?).

App is basic, but nice looking. Updates very quickly the statuses of the car (near instantaneous).

Smooth sailing so far. Nice job Polestar! Hope everyone else has similar luck.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
For me, it was just enabling a new 2.4 GHz network. Leaving WPS on didn’t make a difference.
I had no issue with WPS.

The car OTA is installing on my car right now

Edit: Holds @StarPole's hand in solidarity after seeing they are also installing. Hoping for a non-brick when it completes!
I hope no one bricks this time.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Just started my update 10 minutes ago. Peeked in the garage at the car and the headlights are on...I wonder if that is part of the update. I hope it's not an issue. 😰
Didn’t see any headlights during mine, but honestly didn’t look for it. I’msure it’ll go well.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Mine started as well. Said 1.5 hours. But how do you know when it's done? The car is locked and dark.
Home button is faintly lit while it’s working, and screen comes on (but stays completely black) a couple times. I’d say give it 30 minutes, then go look at the screen to see if either of those things are happening. If not, unlock and check.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Everything came up OK, got all the keys in the cupholder and set up to pair. It paired fine and I can see the SoC on the phone app (Android), but when I tried activating the phone as key, it just ground away with no completion. After about 10 minutes I picket the "later" option and started poking around in the settings on the car. Interesting - the Android version still says Dec 1 so I guess the update didn't complete. I can't figure out how to restart the update (tried infotainment restart) so I'm going to check one more time, then leave the car off the charger overnight and see if a deep sleep will trigger the update again. Bummer.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Everything came up OK, got all the keys in the cupholder and set up to pair. It paired fine and I can see the SoC on the phone app (Android), but when I tried activating the phone as key, it just ground away with no completion. After about 10 minutes I picket the "later" option and started poking around in the settings on the car. Interesting - the Android version still says Dec 1 so I guess the update didn't complete. I can't figure out how to restart the update (tried infotainment restart) so I'm going to check one more time, then leave the car off the charger overnight and see if a deep sleep will trigger the update again. Bummer.
Did you get the green check as seen in the following video I shot today?

Video

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Did you get the green check as seen in the following video I shot today?

Video
I got the green check mark and everything worked, but I can't change the PS Connect setting. It's all grayed out. (And I don't have WPS setup on my home network.)

·
Registered
691 Posts
Nope, no green check mark. I'm fairly confident the update didn't take - I would expect an Android 10 kernel build version dated April at least. Mine says December which has been the same since the first OTA pushed in the US if I remember right. My original version was November. I can't wait until we can see the PS software build number somewhere - it was a big mistake not making that user accessible. Let's hope after a sleep tonight it will prompt me again. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Nope, no green check mark. I'm fairly confident the update didn't take - I would expect an Android 10 kernel build version dated April at least. Mine says December which has been the same since the first OTA pushed in the US if I remember right. My original version was November. I can't wait until we can see the PS software build number somewhere - it was a big mistake not making that user accessible. Let's hope after a sleep tonight it will prompt me again. Thanks for the help.
FYI new version date is March 1

·
Registered
3 Posts
Evening all The Polestar connect section is still greyed out (set to off) under the polestar privacy settings.
Any ideas. I have followed the instructions to this point. Also tried to set the 3 keys up but they
fail to pair 🙈
Same thing happened to me. Assume you've logged into your Polestar Connect account on the car.

Reboot (long 30 second or so press on the home button at bottom of tablet). it will turn off and then restart on its own. When you go back into privacy section it will no longer be greyed out.

41 - 60 of 173 Posts