Polestar Forum banner

81 - 100 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
2021 2
2,202 Posts
A just born rabbit did it for me. No need to go any bigger.
no green check (couldn’t help myself and am checking during early lunch) but I have what looks like the AAOS updated to Mar1 and other signs things got updated.

going in for a deeper dive…

·
Registered
192 Posts
Just read this OTA does not require you to be driving for it to download (comment by Polestar on FB). Have I missed this news? Interesting as they were pretty adamant about sticking to the requirement of having to be driving for OTA downloads in the recent FAQ…. So good to see that change if it is indeed the case.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Just read this OTA does not require you to be driving for it to download (comment by Polestar on FB). Have I missed this news? Interesting as they were pretty adamant about sticking to the requirement of having to be driving for OTA downloads in the recent FAQ…. So good to see that change if it is indeed the case.
I got the last one and this one with the car sitting in my garage.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,202 Posts
no green check (couldn’t help myself and am checking during early lunch) but I have what looks like the AAOS updated to Mar1 and other signs things got updated.

going in for a deeper dive…
pairing seems successful but all the features are grayed out in the app including the “activate” button for the digital key

edit: after getting back in the car after a rest I got the green check. And then after a prompt in the app, I re-OKed the data sharing stuff for Polestar specifically. Now my app shows the proper status of doors, climate, and battery. And allows me to connect the digital key. But seems I can’t remote control the climate or lock/unlock state.
slowly but surely it seems!

edit2:
Phone as a key so far working!
I know I shouldn’t be too giddy and impressed. But I kinda am. I love new toys.

·
Registered
Void, Charcoal
171 Posts
I can't get it to successfully "prepare" the Digital Key. I now reliably get to the screen where it says "We're preparing your Digital Key. This could take up to 2 minutes." At that point there is a spinner on the phone screen and absolutely nothing else happens. (I waited far longer than 2 minutes. Repeatedly.)

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
614 Posts
I can't get it to successfully "prepare" the Digital Key. I now reliably get to the screen where it says "We're preparing your Digital Key. This could take up to 2 minutes." At that point there is a spinner on the phone screen and absolutely nothing else happens. (I waited far longer than 2 minutes. Repeatedly.)
Mine did this too, I got bored waiting, just killed and restarted the app, and the digital key was there and worked.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Phone-as-key, state of charge, remote locking, and remote climate are working for me now - an improvement over yesterday.

All other sections of the phone app (the "list", "shopping bag", and profile) are either blank or have the spinning ring of death.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
So I have what may be a simple question, but may have big consequences. I'm logged into my car with my Google account. Yet on the Pairing Video they show someone logging into the car with their Polestar account. Could this make all the difference in the world? And if so how do you reconcile your Google activity between phone and car? I thought the whole idea was to log into the car with Google in the first place.

·
Registered
147 Posts
So I have what may be a simple question, but may have big consequences. I'm logged into my car with my Google account. Yet on the Pairing Video they show someone logging into the car with their Polestar account. Could this make all the difference in the world? And if so how do you reconcile your Google activity between phone and car? I thought the whole idea was to log into the car with Google in the first place.
I have 3 accounts on that screen (it lets you add different types based on apps you have) - Google, Polestar, and iheartradio.

They are not exclusive, but rather work together for maximum data collection puts on aluminum foil hat

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
I have 3 accounts on that screen (it lets you add different types based on apps you have) - Google, Polestar, and iheartradio.

They are not exclusive, but rather work together for maximum data collection puts on aluminum foil hat
Are you talking about profiles or accounts?

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
OK. So I got the Polestar Connect turned on now, but it's just no longer pairing, so I think I'm in the same boat as lots of folks now. If only I'd had that account setup first I might be golden since I initially got it to pair, just without the P Connect turned on.

I think someone said it before: could PS have made this any more complicated?

·
Registered
Oct '20 / VIN47xx. Void, Slate, 20"
535 Posts
The OTA installed fine for me this afternoon:

And i managed to pair my iPhone XR as a digital key.

This correctly shows the current charge, locked and climate status, but when i try to unlock the car with the icons on the app nothing happens other than a status alert at the bottom "Car did not unlock".

Anyone else had this? Is there a resolution? I've tried searching but can't spot it if so.

Is this the thing you just need to wait 36 hours for?

Update: I found this thread: 36 hours before the mobile remote functions can be used

·
Registered
125 Posts
This correctly shows the current charge, locked and climate status, but when i try to unlock the car with the icons on the app nothing happens other than a status alert at the bottom "Car did not unlock".

View attachment 5385

Anyone else had this? Is there a resolution? I've tried searching but can't spot it if so.

Is this the thing you just need to wait 36 hours for?

Update: I found this thread: 36 hours before the mobile remote functions can be used
Same here. I get Status (whether doors are locked or unlocked, battery level, estimated range), but cannot do any control aspects nor is the digital key working even though the app claims that it is properly set up. I'm sure they'll work out the kinks soon enough - especially now that there are so many more "beta testers" out in the wild ;-). Just be patient and always carry a fob with you just in case... at least until the digital key is proven to be robust and reliable.

While we've all been anxiously awaiting the app and the long-promised functionality, to be fair, it is not critical to the safe operation of the vehicle. I still love driving my Polestar and am willing to wait further and even help them out if asked.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,438 Posts
Yes as in completely black. Locks don't work. Nothing alive.
Oh dear, there seem to be a small but significant number of these now - I think there are about 3-4 on the Facebook page too.

Seeing as my car is in a completely inaccessible position for a tow lorry, I'm going to wait for a bit before doing the update somewhere that is accessible (e.g. a car park!) or drop by the Volvo dealer sometime...

·
Registered
735 Posts
Just set the upgrade running 4 hours ago. Car completely dead. Is this normal?!?
I wonder if it is still doing the install (in which which case the car won't unlock). Maybe it got hung up?

81 - 100 of 173 Posts