Registered
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
1,994 Posts
Ok, so built in December probably then.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Had the same message some 2 weeks ago.
Was told I really had to come in for service because this could result in breakdown.
Volvo dealer said they had to replace a 'heater'.
When I asked I got somewhat of an unsatisfactory answer about the heater managing battery temperature.
I decided to leave it at that.
Regardless, the car has been fine since, message didn't show up anymore.
Software was upgraded to the latest version, but my map on the display behind the steering wheel disappeared :(.
Kind of frowned upon that, guessing it will probably return again at some stage …
Amazing how easily I accept the quirks of this car
Peter

·
Registered
387 Posts
Had the same message some 2 weeks ago.
Was told I really had to come in for service because this could result in breakdown.
Volvo dealer said they had to replace a 'heater'.
When I asked I got somewhat of an unsatisfactory answer about the heater managing battery temperature.
I decided to leave it at that.
Regardless, the car has been fine since, message didn't show up anymore.
Software was upgraded to the latest version, but my map on the display behind the steering wheel disappeared :(.
Kind of frowned upon that, guessing it will probably return again at some stage …
Amazing how easily I accept the quirks of this car
Peter
Did you try changing the dashboard view? There are 3 views, only one of which shows the map - use the button on the bottom left of the right side button cluster on the steering wheel to change views.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
They were referring to the High Voltage Coolant Heater (HVCH) - have a search on the forum as there are lots of posts where earlier cars needed this part replacing. You must have a relatively early car (probably delivered before last October or November?). I'm surprised it hasn't been changed already via a recall...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ah , OK, the heater being the HVCH, didn't make that link.
well yes, I thought that was done during the recall couple weeks earlier.
Or they switched it twice.
Car was delivered early November.

Yes I tried changing the dashboard view, the map view was just black.
But guess what, It reappeared again miraculously a couple days ago (not making it up)

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
If they swapped the HVCH then it's possible they didn't bleed the coolant system properly for the batteries afterwards - there have been a few cases where this has happened and resulted in a bunch of error codes on the dashboard. If they re-bleed the system (properly) then the problem should go away. I'm guessing it's because an air bubble sits on the sensor so it gets a nonsensical value.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts