Polestar Forum banner
121 - 140 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
These are approx 2lbs lighter than stock wheels
The wheels were just on yesterday. Give me a week or so. I will report back if I see any noticeable difference.

Edit: Nothing significant in terms of efficiency or acceleration. Still getting roughly 18-19 kWh/100km for my daily commute on a good day.

·
Registered
2022 LRDM Pilot Thunder
77 Posts
I didn't go through the whole, please bear with me if it has been covered before.

P2 doesn't have a TPMS and "guessimate" if the tire inflation is good from speed and rotation. Would that cause any issue with aftermarket wheels and tires?

Is it ok to run square setup front and back so I can rotate my tires? (the OEM rear rims are wider, right?)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Once your new wheels are on, and inflated properly, you reset the tpms monitor. Then it will alert you once it deviates from this new value. But if your wheels and tires are the same size as stock, you shouldn't get any errors.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Generally speaking I like the design of these wheels, but I’m not sure they suit the Polestar 2. Personally I would be looking for something that gives an OEM+ type look. But that’s hard because there aren’t many rims that fulfil that criteria.
I agree. Something like the wheels above my post - a 5 or 10 spoke (5x2) style in a dark shade looks best. Some of the Volvo wheels in larger diameters would really suit too.

Barry

·
Registered
32 Posts
OZ Superturismo Aero with original Primacy 4’s
19x8.5 et45
Approx 24.2lbs each

Edit: added 2 more photos showing the wheels at wider angles. Also wheel load are rated at 700kg per wheel and the rear GAWR is 1,410kg so it’s 5kg over the rating of the wheels. Front GAWR is 1,290kg.
Where did you source your rims, @awhk? I want to try to get some OZ Rally rims for winter and every retailer is terrified of selling them to me. Not gonna dox you here, but from your photos I think we live in the same area. Did you buy from a local shop?

·
Registered
2021 launch edition , Snow , Leather , No PP , hitch
171 Posts
Where did you source your rims, @awhk? I want to try to get some OZ Rally rims for winter and every retailer is terrified of selling them to me. Not gonna dox you here, but from your photos I think we live in the same area. Did you buy from a local shop?
Polestar use OZ rally on the experimental Polestar arctic circle edition and the 19" seems to fit even PP brakes.
I saw them here on grey :
But for 5x108 they have 2 offset
8" et42 and 8,5"et45 , i don't know which size Polestar used 🤔

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
My Polestar is arriving in October and I’m trying to plan out my wheel/tire situation. It’s coming with summers so I’ll probably want to switch to winters maybe right away (Pennsylvania climate for reference). I’ve never owned a car with summer/winter tires before, only all-seasons, so I have no idea where to look to buy wheels. It seems like every wheel website I look at says they don’t have any for the Polestar 2 despite people in this thread clearly having multiple options for aftermarket wheels.

Is there a specific website that I should look at to buy from? Also, if someone could explain which of the size measurements need to be exact (8Jx19”xET50 for front and 9Jx19”xET53 for rear) and which don’t that would help a lot. It seems like people are having success with offsets from 35 to 50, but I personally don’t understand how that actually affects the driving performance of the car. I’m trying not to spend more than I need to (under $2.5k ideally for the tires and wheels), as I just want wheels that can work for winter tires and don’t look ugly. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2022 P2 Midnight PPP
296 Posts
My Polestar is arriving in October and I’m trying to plan out my wheel/tire situation. It’s coming with summers so I’ll probably want to switch to winters maybe right away (Pennsylvania climate for reference). I’ve never owned a car with summer/winter tires before, only all-seasons, so I have no idea where to look to buy wheels. It seems like every wheel website I look at says they don’t have any for the Polestar 2 despite people in this thread clearly having multiple options for aftermarket wheels.

Is there a specific website that I should look at to buy from? Also, if someone could explain which of the size measurements need to be exact (8Jx19”xET50 for front and 9Jx19”xET53 for rear) and which don’t that would help a lot. It seems like people are having success with offsets from 35 to 50, but I personally don’t understand how that actually affects the driving performance of the car. I’m trying not to spend more than I need to (under $2.5k ideally for the tires and wheels), as I just want wheels that can work for winter tires and don’t look ugly. Thanks in advance!
I'm lost in this same sea as you... getting my car in the fall and trying to get ahead of winter wheels/tires but finding few clear answers. Most shops have struggled to find something sufficient and online services basically tell me nothing matches. So finding reasonably priced winter wheels with the same staggered widths and offsets is essentially impossible here in Canada. And even finding the load rating seems harder than it should be.

I ended up finding a set of wheels that someone else on this forum had successfully mounted on the Performance Pack set-up, so at least I knew they would fit before ordering. I'd reco trying to see what people have already found on here and tracking down those wheels. Or make really good friends with a really good wheel shop and have them help you work through the trial and error. Good luck!

121 - 140 of 180 Posts