Polestar Forum banner
161 - 180 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
2022 P2 Midnight PPP
296 Posts
Hey everyone! I'm getting my P2 soon. I see most everyone is going 8.5" all around. Any reason not to go 9" all around? Is it a concern on the front with a fender rub or some other rub issue?
Will depend on several things, like the offset of the wheels, but an inch wider at the front in addition to any change in offset could be tricky because they’re the ones turning, so you want to make sure that extra inch doesn’t cause rubbing in the wheel well while turning. That’s at least from my very pedestrian understanding of that stuff.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hey everyone! I'm getting my P2 soon. I see most everyone is going 8.5" all around. Any reason not to go 9" all around? Is it a concern on the front with a fender rub or some other rub issue?
It would be the tires that could rub in the wheel well but they are not changing so no issue there.
The concern with 9 inch wheels in front would be that they rub on suspension components while turning or during suspension travel. Anyone tried the stock 9 inch wheels up front?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well, now I know why all you guys are going with 8.5" wheels. There is roughly 20-25mm of clearance between the wheel/tire and strut on the front. I used my highly accurate finger feeler gauge. This picture is with the 19" wheels. The only way to go with a 9" wide is to go to a low offset wheel which pushes them out fairly far past the fender. Like a +30 to +35 offset. Anyone make over fender flares?

Edit: a bit of a brain fart. Going to 9" wide wheels on the front with the same offset pushes the wheel 12.7mm inwards. So that still leaves roughly 8-10mm of clearance. I'm looking to go 19"x9" with around +44 offset.

Helmet Automotive lighting Jaw Bumper Eyewear

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, now I know why all you guys are going with 8.5" wheels. There is roughly 20-25mm of clearance between the wheel/tire and strut on the front. I used my highly accurate finger feeler gauge. This picture is with the 19" wheels. The only way to go with a 9" wide is to go to a low offset wheel which pushes them out fairly far past the fender. Like a +30 to +35 offset. Anyone make over fender flares?

View attachment 19564
Rear 9" wheels fit front without rubbing. Bought my car used and it had 9" left and 8,5" right.

·
Registered
499 Posts
What are the specs on these wheels?
Don’t remember. Got them in Jan when I thought the car would arrive. Ended up getting the car in late April.
If you go to the Braelin website you can pull it up for Polestar2 fitment.

Don't remember if I got the +35mm or the +45mm but here's the Bralin spec sheet.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Alloy wheel

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Sky

Finally got a new set for winter! Might get the same wheels for summer.

PS: Ignore the white stuff on the wheels, these just came on and the workshop forgot to clean the lube they used to mount the tires.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I used a slightly shorter bolt due to the aftermarket wheels. 14x1.5 28mm I think the OEM is a little longer. This was the shop recommended bolts for my aftermarket wheel.

Anyhow, REMINDER to re-torque your bolts after a week of driving. I did yesterday and noticed they were off a little already.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Anyone know if these will fit?

Found a set with 245/45/19 winter tires on them.

Size: 19x8.5
Bolt Pattern (PCD): 5x108
Offset (ET): 42
Center Bore (CB): 63.4
Finish: Matte Black
Lug Nut Seating: Conical
Weight(LBS): 29.6300928
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

Took a quick picture after they were put on
Previous owner powder coated them gun metal

·
Registered
23 Posts
Does the wheelbore matter when getting aftermarket wheels? I've read that was a hub ring all should be good?
I think OEM is 63.6, but I was looking at a set of wheels that are 73. Everything else, including offset matches.
Thanks.

161 - 180 of 180 Posts