3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Just in case it's handy for somebody...

Gas Wood Font Tool Metal

Wood Tool Hand tool Font Sports equipment

·
Registered
28 Posts
What is the story with Polestar and towing? For a while on the Polestar site they labeled some cars as having tow bars equipped and others not, and offered the retractable tow hitch as an option. All that stuff disappeared by the time I placed my order and towing wasn’t mentioned at all. I didn’t think to ask since I wouldn‘t tow with this car anyway, but what is the story with that?

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
What is the story with Polestar and towing? For a while on the Polestar site they labeled some cars as having tow bars equipped and others not, and offered the retractable tow hitch as an option. All that stuff disappeared by the time I placed my order and towing wasn’t mentioned at all. I didn’t think to ask since I wouldn‘t tow with this car anyway, but what is the story with that?
you can still fit a tow bar for a custom configured option. For whatever reason they’re not ordering preconfigured cars already with the tow bar. So if you want the tow package you can get it but have to wait.

that said it doesn’t make a lot of sense because the tow bar is fitted at port here, not in China, afaik. So should be no different to fit a tow bar on a preconfigured car vs a custom order. But they do charge more to do it on a preconfigured car. Maybe chalk it up as another effect of the chip shortage, etc

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I don't plan to tow often, but it's a nice capability and I really like the fact that it's retractable. I tell folks it's the car's party trick.

I'm guessing they found it to be too much of a bother somehow to allow people to order it up right from the start. 'Don't see how the computer chip shortage adds to the problem unless there's some module that gets installed with the towing hardware.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I don't plan to tow often, but it's a nice capability and I really like the fact that it's retractable. I tell folks it's the car's party trick.

I'm guessing they found it to be too much of a bother somehow to allow people to order it up right from the start. 'Don't see how the computer chip shortage adds to the problem unless there's some module that gets installed with the towing hardware.
There is.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts