Polestar Forum banner
21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,533 Posts
They still won't allow end user access though - you need prove VAT registration and send a photograph of your workshop facilities.

Whereas in the USA all you need is a credit card...

·
Super Moderator
1,533 Posts
You can't - unless you know a trick. As previously mentioned, you need to prove VAT registration and submit a photograph of your workshop.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Well, a Bentley is just a fancy Volkswagen, and there's loads of VW tech info out there!
I still have this in my workshop... 'Wish there was an equivalent for the Polestar 2.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
OK... Dice arrived as soon as I have Vdash configured I will report back
Two things... does anyone have a specific thing they like me to look at?
And the other..... slightly off topic, but why are some car manufacturers such pigs?
Mercedes dont put a dip stick in the auto box for transmission fluid??? so if you want to change it well better buy one off ebay
I now learn Volvo dont put an engine oil dipstick in many cars????? and you cant buy one??? WTF
My God... that really is creating jobs for the boys
Thank God we have no oil... smiles

·
Registered
578 Posts
OK... Dice arrived as soon as I have Vdash configured I will report back
Two things... does anyone have a specific thing they like me to look at?
And the other..... slightly off topic, but why are some car manufacturers such pigs?
Mercedes dont put a dip stick in the auto box for transmission fluid??? so if you want to change it well better buy one off ebay
I now learn Volvo dont put an engine oil dipstick in many cars????? and you cant buy one??? WTF
My God... that really is creating jobs for the boys
Thank God we have no oil... smiles
Curious to know if it shows when and how much power is being used to heat/cool the battery and what the battery temperature is

·
Registered
196 Posts
does anyone have a specific thing they like me to look at?
Curious whether the car can be coded to a different region. Specifically, whether we might be able to activate pixel headlights in North America.

I was able to do similar coding to my i3 to enable Traffic Jam Assist, which wasn’t otherwise available on North American vehicles.

Thanks for being a trailblazer!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Curious whether the car can be coded to a different region. Specifically, whether we might be able to activate pixel headlights in North America.

I was able to do similar coding to my i3 to enable Traffic Jam Assist, which wasn’t otherwise available on North American vehicles.

Thanks for being a trailblazer!
Be careful changing region in this car. Given that it updates OTA, it might royally screw that up or LTE connectivity or both.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Be careful changing region in this car. Given that it updates OTA, it might royally screw that up or LTE connectivity or both.
I was going to check whether the region could be changed with Vdash.... But I already know the speed limiter can.... the down side is... it will void the warranty
He didn't want to do it he just asked if it was possible

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have access to a VIDA subscription (have used it for our V90) and to VDash. I think at the moment, the offerings for things to edit via VDash are pretty limited.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I have access to a VIDA subscription (have used it for our V90) and to VDash. I think at the moment, the offerings for things to edit via VDash are pretty limited.
Does the vida subscription cover our polestars..... wow you are so lucky... we can only get to the 2014 download in uk without major hoop jumping

21 - 40 of 66 Posts