Polestar Forum banner
221 - 240 of 264 Posts

· Registered
California
1,942 Posts
Polestar’s Press Release back in June

Polestar PR said:
Polestar Chengdu will build the BST edition 270, accustomed as they are to producing low-volume cars such as Polestar 1.
We later got further clarification in other articles that Luqiao would produce a “normal” P*2 that would then get finalized in Chengdu. A number of other articles can be found in which it’s mentioned the Polestar 1 factory would put on the finishing touches. I’m wondering if covid factory shutdowns / supply chain difficulties led to Polestar doing the finishing touches in Sweden instead.

Edit: eg from Motortrend
Motortrend said:
The cars start life at the Luqiao, China, plant that makes the compact Polestar 2 and are sent to the Polestar Production Center in Chengdu, China, a day or two transport time away, to be modified. The center is where the automaker made the Polestar 1 plug-in hybrid until that model was discontinued at the end of 2021, and it has since sat idle. The facility will be used for special editions and one-off projects in the future.

· Registered
30 Posts
They look bespoke to
These are the same brakes as regular PP cars correct?

Is there a list out there of the 166 changes between this and the standard PP car?
Don’t think so, at least for the front. The rotors look larger. Some articles state the brakes are also bespoke on these. Someone else that has a PP can confirm though.

I haven’t found a reference to a list.

· Registered
2023 BST
20 Posts
My car is supposed to be ready by this coming Friday (20th). I have a conflict that day and into the weekend, so I probably won't take delivery until early next week. I am pumped. Anyone else expecting delivery in the next week?

· Registered
14 Posts
I'm curious if anyone in Canada who ordered a BST has received it yet, and if so, did you get any of the federal or provincial EV rebates at time of purchase? I am asking because the information is a little confusing when a model MSRP starts < $65k but has "options" added that increase the price > $65k. I have asked Polestar but haven't received any real answers.

· Registered
P2 PP Thunder
15 Posts
I'm curious if anyone in Canada who ordered a BST has received it yet, and if so, did you get any of the federal or provincial EV rebates at time of purchase? I am asking because the information is a little confusing when a model MSRP starts < $65k but has "options" added that increase the price > $65k. I have asked Polestar but haven't received any real answers.
Ontario rebate does not apply - per TO space.

· Registered
1,705 Posts
Both front and rear calipers appear the same as what's on my '21 Launch Edition.

What sticks out to me is that the springs that you can see in the rear are gold. The lowering springs available through Polestar are silver. So maybe the BST springs are slightly different than the other lowering springs. Or they just had them finished in gold for the BST cars.

· Registered
30 Posts
Both front and rear calipers appear the same as what's on my '21 Launch Edition.

What sticks out to me is that the springs that you can see in the rear are gold. The lowering springs available through Polestar are silver. So maybe the BST springs are slightly different than the other lowering springs. Or they just had them finished in gold for the BST cars.
They’re most likely the same then. The springs are different and 20% stiffer.

221 - 240 of 264 Posts