Polestar Forum banner
201 - 220 of 264 Posts

· Registered
2023 BST
20 Posts
They look nice for sure. I was curious about the offset because I have Motiv Maestro 430 wheels on order for my BST, and they are 20x8.5 ET40. Plugging that into willtheyfit, it seems like they will have plenty of brake clearance (fingers crossed).

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

· Registered
1,706 Posts
For those that have received theirs in the US (or perhaps anywhere), what country of origin does the VIN indicate? At one point it was rumored they may get a Swedish VIN indicator, since their final assembly was in Sweden.

And second question. Can we get up close detailed pics of the front calipers. Curious to see if they are different from the standard Performance Pack brakes.

· Registered
30 Posts
For those that have received theirs in the US (or perhaps anywhere), what country of origin does the VIN indicate? At one point it was rumored they may get a Swedish VIN indicator, since their final assembly was in Sweden.

And second question. Can we get up close detailed pics of the front calipers. Curious to see if they are different from the standard Performance Pack brakes.
Swedish VIN, starts with YS.

The car is currently getting a PPF service. I can take some pics when I get it back.

· Registered
14 Posts

My VIN provided for my BST indicates it was manufactured in Sweden.

· Registered
9 Posts

My win starts with YS which is Sweden.

· Registered
California
1,942 Posts
I thought the car was assembled in Chengdu, China?
The VIN is final assembly location.
Yeah I was also under the impression final assembly was in the fancy low-volume Chengdu plant where the Polestar 1 was made. (Which is, to be clear, distinct from the high-volume Luqiao plant where Polestar 2 is manufactured.)

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #216 ·
My Space notified me last week that their non-wrapped BSTs will be released today (Jan 9), but they still don't know when wrapped cars will be delivered. The lack of information and uncertainty is pretty disconcerting - I've never experienced anything close to this with other custom builds I've done. Porsche and BMW have been pretty close to their production estimates, and Acura built and delivered my NSX on exactly the day they quoted. I'm surprised how in disarray Polestar has been, particularly when they advertised a personalized purchase process on the BST. Another strange thing is the Polestar website has two different delivery dates quoted and is not allowing me to complete stage 4 "Approve Order". Stage 4 is still in process and Stage 5 "Finalize Order" is greyed out. Anyone else have this issue, or have you been able to click through the whole process?

· Registered
2023 BST
20 Posts
My Space notified me last week that their non-wrapped BSTs will be released today (Jan 9), but they still don't know when wrapped cars will be delivered. The lack of information and uncertainty is pretty disconcerting - I've never experienced anything close to this with other custom builds I've done. Porsche and BMW have been pretty close to their production estimates, and Acura built and delivered my NSX on exactly the day they quoted. I'm surprised how in disarray Polestar has been, particularly when they advertised a personalized purchase process on the BST. Another strange thing is the Polestar website has two different delivery dates quoted and is not allowing me to complete stage 4 "Approve Order". Stage 4 is still in process and Stage 5 "Finalize Order" is greyed out. Anyone else have this issue, or have you been able to click through the whole process?
I am in the same spot in the process on the website. I was concerned at first as well. My configuration and pricing does not even reflect the wrap. However I have spoken with my local space, and they have been very responsive and helpful. They confirmed my car is in port (LA) and getting wrapped, and that they can see it being delivered to my space by the 19th. They also provided my VIN. They assured me we could finalize the rest of the process once the car has been released from port and to them.

· Registered
667 Posts
For what it's worth my '23 LRDM has a VIN starting with YS. But the documentation clearly states manufactured in China.

· Registered
P2, Snow, Slate, PP, Hitch, Nextbase Dashcam, 20% Tint, Polestar, give us more regen. breaking!
782 Posts
Could a significant portion of the construction be done in China with the finishing "BST" specific alterations done in Sweden?

201 - 220 of 264 Posts