Polestar Forum banner

61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
2 pics of the Thunder in the strangely lit presentation area, apologies for the poor quality.
View attachment 596 View attachment 597
Thanks for those, frustratig re the lack of Magnesium car for sure..

Moon was one colour I actally never even considered, but looks pretty good actually.

The photos I've seen of the Magneium car were the Autocar photos (I think the UK Magnusum car Reg ends in "HDE", can you confirm if you think thats correct?

I do like the Snow (WHite) colour, but the wife has a white car and its not really a colour I'd consider as a daily.

My thinking was that Magnesium looks close enough to white to be what I like, but should be more interesting in different light conditions, whilst highlighing the contours of the car more than thinder/ midnight etc.

Hope I'm right...!

·
Registered
277 Posts
It very difficult to tell, especially on computer screens. If it's Snow, then its a pure white, but if its Magnesium its more a dirty white, possible slight bluish tinge, or silvery tones, and depending on the light it changes. Sorry to be so vague!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thansk Toscal, thats pretty much where I am with it too - I just dont want it to be too "silver" if that makes sense..

I love black, but have had too many black cars, and they are a hobby to keep clean (and I no longer have the time nor the inclanation), I have Navarre Met blue atm, so it was Thunder or Magnesium.

I think either colour will be fine, and both silver & grey tend to hide the dirt pretty well (I'm not a serial car cleaner) - I do wonder though which colour between the two would look the most "sporty" with the Dynamic pack?

I suspect Thunder will look great in the sunlight, but perhaps "flatter" than magnesium on a non-sunny day (which is why I think I ended up plumping for it...!

·
Registered
277 Posts
It's a very personal thing, but i agree solid black is very difficult to keep clean. We have a silver Ampera, so don't want anything too silver either. The car we are selling is white, so didn't want Snow either. In order to avoid future recriminations perhaps take advice from any 'significant other' in your life? (then ignore them anyway :ROFLMAO:).

·
Registered
7 Posts
That does look good!
Was there a Magnesium car there at all - and if so did it look decent in the flesh?

I originally specced thunder/ slate but changed it to Magnesium/Slate after seeing some "real life" photos of the Mag. car - but an am now starting to wonder if I've made the right decision...!
Just
That does look good!
Was there a Magnesium car there at all - and if so did it look decent in the flesh?

I originally specced thunder/ slate but changed it to Magnesium/Slate after seeing some "real life" photos of the Mag. car - but an am now starting to wonder if I've made the right decision...!
Just Thunder and Midnight, the photos I've seen of the Magnesium look great too. I think you have gone for a good combo.

·
Registered
36 Posts
This post on the German forums seems to show White vs Magnesium - Welche Farbe habt ihr / Welche Innenausstattung?

Again, it's still hard to see as it looks more like a pearlescent white in the photos. A few replies later there's a picture of the colour swatches at Volvo that Polestar are using
hmm interesting, cheers. I'm thinking its far enough away from white to be interesting (for me), so will stick with it.

Out of interest, wat colour is the swatch second in from the left in this pic please (see link below) - It doesnt look like Thunder, but what other colour could it be?

Colour swatches

·
Registered
20 Posts
When I did the translation for the post a few days ago I believe it was a Volvo exclusive colour.

Pebble Grey = Moon, Birch (Volvo), Glacier = Magnesium, Crystal White = Snow, Thunder

·
Registered
36 Posts
When I did the translation for the post a few days ago I believe it was a Volvo exclusive colour.

Pebble Grey = Moon, Birch (Volvo), Glacier = Magnesium, Crystal White = Snow, Thunder
AH OK. It looks a bit like "Hearing aid beige" - but I kind of like it...! :cool:

·
Registered
36 Posts
That's Moon isn't it?

I've not seen Magnesium in the flesh but the couple of photos I've seen of it make it look more silver/pearlescent white

This post on the German forums shows the white vs Magnesium - Welche Farbe habt ihr / Welche Innenausstattung? and a few posts down is the Volvo colour samples
I agree - that looks more like Moon to me. The Uk registered car OV20:cool: (y) HDE (see pic below) is def Magnesium - Like a sad man I've checked on DVLA MOT checker and its colour is "Silver". This is one of the pics that convinced me to change my mind from Thunder to Magnesium..:

·
Registered
13 Posts
It looks like I went to the same test drive location as toscal353 - but my photos look completely different. The colour looks very different depending on the light - the inside photos look more grey/silver but outside it has more of a bluey tint to it (even on a grey/rainy day...can't wait to see it in the sunshine!). My partner wanted midnight but I held my ground and went for the thunder.

61 - 80 of 99 Posts