Polestar Forum banner

81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi Justthe1– on my test drive at Farmborough on eighth of August there was a magnesium car there – Lucky for us as we ordered that spec – and I think you’ll like it just fine.

If you prefer silver not to be too silver then this will work just fine for you. It’s more like a frosted white under bright lights, and a bit darker in the shade. Just a bit different from white then.

Incidentally, there was also a Thunder car under the bright lights inside the hanger – looked really pretty, almost pale blue – we wish we’d ordered it! However after having changed the order once already there was no way we are going to potentially cause delay again. Out in ordinary UK daylight however thunder looks much more grey – still classy.

Of all the colours, moon is my favourite – bit like lustrous sand on the XC 90 – but you have to have a black interior so I’ve gone for magnesium/slate instead.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just placed my order for a UK car in Magnesium... and having doubts! I like the look of Moon but it's a brave choice and could either look great or awful. Does anyone have any natural light pics of the Moon?
Also, is the black a 'solid' black or Metallic?
Thanks folks!
Took this photo and others on test drive in Banbury.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Justthe1– on my test drive at Farmborough on eighth of August there was a magnesium car there – Lucky for us as we ordered that spec – and I think you’ll like it just fine.

If you prefer silver not to be too silver then this will work just fine for you. It’s more like a frosted white under bright lights, and a bit darker in the shade. Just a bit different from white then.

Incidentally, there was also a Thunder car under the bright lights inside the hanger – looked really pretty, almost pale blue – we wish we’d ordered it! However after having changed the order once already there was no way we are going to potentially cause delay again. Out in ordinary UK daylight however thunder looks much more grey – still classy.

Of all the colours, moon is my favourite – bit like lustrous sand on the XC 90 – but you have to have a black interior so I’ve gone for magnesium/slate instead.
Thanks Fidelis. Just following up on this I now find myself deliberating ever more whether the switch I masde from Thunder to Magnesium was the right decision..

Like you, I cant change again now as I'd be dumped to the beginning of the queue. I'm sure it will look great (and hopefully Magnesium will be less popular than Thunder or Midnight, so less on in that colour on UK roads). Maybe I should have got myself to a Te:LOL:st drive after all...!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thunder is popular, and after seeing it in the hanger I was impressed. But the only time we’d ever see it looking that pretty blue colour would be under floodlights. All the rest of the time it would look like (I’d suggest) a sort of muddy grey (sorry if this sounds disrespectful to other owners!)

It’s personal taste, but the Magnesium looks pale, technical and modern, and shows the car’s shape better. Maybe still time to go to a test drive?

·
Registered
2 Posts
After having 5 Black cars in a row we decided for Thunder. We have seen snow, magnesium and thunder in person. We doubtes Thunder was not to blueish in sunshine. So went back a few times. Magnesium was second choice. Really Nice color too. A small blue tint.

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
View attachment 774 After having 5 Black cars in a row we decided for Thunder. We have seen snow, magnesium and thunder in person. We doubtes Thunder was not to blueish in sunshine. So went back a few times. Magnesium was second choice. Really Nice color too. A small blue tint.
Nice - so looks pale blue in good sunshine too!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Indeed. Magnesium is a nice color. It's not grey but has a small schade of blue.
My wife likes Magnesium the most.

In the Netherlands, less than 5% of sold cars is magnesium. Most preferred is Black with more than 25%, followed by Thunder with about 20%.
Snow and midnight are ex equo with a little more than 15%. Moon about 10%.

So in Nl dark colors have a preference

·
Registered
69 Posts
Indeed. Magnesium is a nice color. It's not grey but has a small schade of blue.
My wife likes Magnesium the most.

In the Netherlands, less than 5% of sold cars is magnesium. Most preferred is Black with more than 25%, followed by Thunder with about 20%.
Snow and midnight are ex equo with a little more than 15%. Moon about 10%.

So in Nl dark colors have a preference
I like my Magnesium car almost at much as my Blackberry coloured T5 VW. On the transporter on delivery, the Magnesium looked almost white, but on the ground it looks beautiful. It takes on the colours of the surrounding light. Very much like the Blackberry colour of my T5 which can vary from a dark purple to almost jet black depending on the light.

81 - 99 of 99 Posts