Polestar Forum banner
81 - 100 of 112 Posts

· Registered
1,705 Posts
But why would they go to the effort of blanking that off? So it looks like another Polestar 2, that no-one recognises anyway?
To eek out a little more range. To visually solidify the brand as electric. To align visually with the Polestar 3 and beyond, with their "smart zone" grill. To keep the car "fresh" in the eyes of reviewers and magazines.

· Registered
1,705 Posts
I like the silver/aluminum piece at the bottom of the grill. Makes it look like the front of the car is smiling at you…especially on a sunny day.

But ”facelifts” are all part of the automotive process, and inevitable.
They've been slowly removing chromed pieces with each model year. The only one that you can even get with that lower grill piece in chrome is if the car is Midnight.

· Registered
974 Posts
To eek out a little more range. To visually solidify the brand as electric. To align visually with the Polestar 3 and beyond, with their "smart zone" grill. To keep the car "fresh" in the eyes of reviewers and magazines.
I think they meant "Why did they bother taping over/disguising such a small design element when it's clearly a Polestar 2 with just a small design change"

· Registered
16 Posts
My24 model is now showing on my work salary sacrifice scheme to order
220kw 82kwh long range SM (plus)
310kw 82kwh long range DM
350kw 82kwh long range DM performance
310kw 82kwh long range DM (pliot & plus)
Are the options available
No new colours and no new interior options from what I can see
The jump from 170kW to 220kW for the single motor is massive. The Volvo C40 is only going from 170kW to 175kW when it goes RWD so, I wonder if the 220 is a typo?

· Registered
10,814 Posts
The jump from 170kW to 220kW for the single motor is massive. The Volvo C40 is only going from 170kW to 175kW when it goes RWD so, I wonder if the 220 is a typo?
There might be a desire to differentiate the power of each seeing as Polestar wants to be a performance brand and not just a different looking Volvo. I mean how does it feel knowing the XC40 Recharge sitting next to you at the light can keep right up with you? 😉

· Registered
440 Posts
My24 model is now showing on my work salary sacrifice scheme to order
220kw 82kwh long range SM (plus)
310kw 82kwh long range DM
350kw 82kwh long range DM performance
310kw 82kwh long range DM (pliot & plus)
Are the options available
No new colours and no new interior options from what I can see
I would like to order a 440kW DMLRP 😊

· Administrator
2,862 Posts
Some more webpages listing configurations:

· Registered
14 Posts
Some more webpages listing configurations:
Looking at the lease comparisons, the specs of a LRDM '23 (78kwh) v LRDM (82kwh). Looks like on WLTP its estimating a difference of 69miles range which seems a fair chunk....

Also not entirely sure of the pic used for the '24 image includes the new grill. Havent seen one with the weird contrasting upright columns before:

'24 on Left; '23 on Right

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Land vehicle

· Registered
458 Posts
Looking at the lease comparisons, the specs of a LRDM '23 (78kwh) v LRDM (82kwh). Looks like on WLTP its estimating a difference of 69miles range which seems a fair chunk....

Also not entirely sure of the pic used for the '24 image includes the new grill. Havent seen one with the weird contrasting upright columns before:
That does seem a fair chunk, but the Volvo C40 is quoting 315 miles and is less aerodynamic, so I'd expect this to be in the ballpark. If it does turn out to be there (I was expecting 340-350 WLTP) then I think I'm going to be putting down a deposit for one because that will give me the extra range that I am looking for. My launch edition is about 25 miles short of where I want it to be, particularly in winter.

Now if they have added battery pre-conditioning into the mix as well, then that would be brilliant in the winter and take away a lot of the range/charge anxiety I have :)

· Registered
1,705 Posts

'24 on Left; '23 on Right

View attachment 21424
Yeah, that's some sort of weird recycled pic that almost looks like they used a Polestar 1 grille design. Regardless, you know it's not a real picture of a '24, because 1) Polestar hasn't released images of it yet themselves, and 2) it's black (and looks like the old Void black) and has the lower chrome lip on the grille, which Polestar did away with in MY23 for all but Midnight blue cars.

· Registered
458 Posts
The battery is preconditioned if either:
  • Navigating to a known Level 3 DC charger within Google Maps
  • If a climate timer is set and the car is plugged into an active AC charger.
Ahh yes gotcha :) Yep, I've not seen a lot of benefits from the scheduled timing on AC (still see the cross hatching and big power draws when setting off). I've got a trip this weekend though and will try it then. Its due to be -3C overnight so that will be a decent test

Could be a limitation of the launch cars, or it works better with a heatpump, but will test it out :)

· Registered
1,705 Posts
Ahh yes gotcha :) Yep, I've not seen a lot of benefits from the scheduled timing on AC (still see the cross hatching and big power draws when setting off). I've got a trip this weekend though and will try it then. Its due to be -3C overnight so that will be a decent test

Could be a limitation of the launch cars, or it works better with a heatpump, but will test it out :)
I have a MY21 Launch edition. The battery preconditioning works fine. The heat pump (added starting with MY22 cars optioned with the Plus Pack) is not used as part of that, and would offer negligible gains when driving at -3c. The heatpump works on a bell curve and offers the most benefit in the 7-13c range, and tapers off on each end of that.

· Registered
1 Posts
From the Polestar website:

In 2023, Polestar 2 received a number of key upgrades including larger batteries, more powerful motors, rear-wheel drive for the single-motor versions and a lightly updated front end which features the Polestar SmartZone, which debuted on Polestar 3.

81 - 100 of 112 Posts