Polestar Forum banner
101 - 112 of 112 Posts

· Registered
1,107 Posts
Interesting that the battery capacity and max charging speed for the LRDM remain unchanged for USA and Canada (etc.). I don't see any reason to replace my LE car .... yet ;-)

· Registered
422 Posts
Interesting that the battery capacity and max charging speed for the LRDM remain unchanged for USA and Canada (etc.). I don't see any reason to replace my LE car .... yet ;-)
It's probably because of the US's certification requirements for vehicles here. A larger battery pack may well invalidate the certification that the Polestar 2 currently carries, requiring Polestar to go through the entire process of crash testing and so on again solely for the North American market. I'm sure they'll do it, but it'll likely take longer than other countries. Expect another "OTA performance upgrade" sort of timeframe LOL

· Registered
14 Posts
It's probably because of the US's certification requirements for vehicles here. A larger battery pack may well invalidate the certification that the Polestar 2 currently carries, requiring Polestar to go through the entire process of crash testing and so on again solely for the North American market. I'm sure they'll do it, but it'll likely take longer than other countries. Expect another "OTA performance upgrade" sort of timeframe LOL
But the LRSM is getting the larger battery in the US

101 - 112 of 112 Posts