This worked. Thanks!Weird - wonder if I did something goofy - but it's still there. Here's another link - see if this works: Scraped US manual (December 2020)
Please note that this is very old now, but it's PDF format and can be viewed offline. If the link works for others, then perhaps @rgledhill will update it on the first post.
Hi there, newbie here... expecting delivery of my new PS2 on Wednesday.. above looks like a great delivery checklist. I note it's dated 6 months ago.. is this being updated incrementally or is there a 'fresher' version available on the forum somewhere. Apologies if this is a dumb question but still getting familiar with the forum. Many thanks in advance.I have now merged the two separate threads on these topics - massive thanks to @GDank for maintaining the FAQ and for everyone who's contributed on both threads. I'll do my best to maintain this first post.
---> Download August 2020 official PDF of the user manual here <---
---> Alternatively download December 2020 "scraped from website" version here (UK version) or here (US version) <---
---> Download a PDF describing the infotainment system here <---
--- Checks for delivery ---
Things to check on delivery:
- Missing jack
- Missing jack holder (expanded foam insert)
- Missing first aid kit
- Missing tyre wrench
- Check for scratches on piano-black gloss panel around the gear selector (but can be cleaned with glass polish)
- Plugsurfing card should be included, often in the glove box
- Max charge rate set to only 6A - make sure you increase it to maximum
- Check that your tow hook is working. If you're in the U.S., check to see you get the insert for the tow hook.
- Signing in with a Gsuite email address fails; need to sign in with a Gmail account
- Make sure the manual is in your language!
- Check the tyre pressures as they may be way off
- Make sure the tyres are all on the right way round!
- Make sure you try the charging cable as some have been duds and ensure that it's a 32A cable not a 16A or 20A one
- Watch for misting up of the headlights - if this doesn't clear by itself, they will need looking at by any Volvo dealer.
Believed fixed, either in software or pre-delivery inspection:
- If you had wireless phone charging turned off via the Infotainment system and then had the December/January Infotainment updates, it remains disabled and is impossible to turn back on again! A trip to the dealer is required for them to re-enable it.
- Connection to the online manual is currently broken - a temporary interim fix is described here but it will update itself again and fail again. This is fixed with the update that brings Android 10.
- Timed schedules for pre-heat don't work properly if you have more than one schedule in the list that's activated. You'll need to just have the appropriate one ticked for the next use.
- Sometimes unable to change charge rate (sometimes even greyed out). Restart the infotainment system (press and hold the touch button at the base of the screen for 20 seconds or so until it reboots)
- When plugging into a rapid charger with a heavy cable, hold/support the cable while the initial connection takes place to ensure it starts charging properly; failed "handshake" with the charger seems to be down to this
- Reversing/360 camera sometimes not working
- Over-The-Air update facility is available from 1st October infotainment version; support for OTA will require collection/dealership reprogramming for earlier infotainment versions
- Timed charging not yet available - this won't arrive until mid-2021! 😳 🤬
- Ability to set up an in-car WiFi hotspot using your own SIM card not yet available
- Connection to home WiFi or mobile hotspot seems to only work if WPS is disabled on your router and even then it's hit-and-miss. Also the 1st November software update appears to break WiFi completely for many.
- The car's Google Maps only allows destinations entered to be saved to that key-holder's profile
- Car is almost impossible to charge if PIN security is enabled on the car's infotainment screen
- No way to display actual tyre pressures (not an issue, just a feature not present you'd expect to see)
- No direct way to view kW charging rate, just mph being added (not an issue, just a feature not present you'd expect to see) - however the best bet is to install A Better Route Planner (ABRP) as this will show charging rate!
- Demisting/cabin warming/cooling etc stops if you get up off the driver's seat, for instance to go outside and clear snow off the car... not a bug, but annoying! -> Plugging in the driver's seatbelt appears to stop this happening. Also Parking mode can be used for climate control for up to 30 minutes.
- Annoying rattle from just behind the steering wheel seems common but dealers are able to fix this.
- iPhone 12 (Mini, Pro, ...) may not charge on wireless charger and may got hot instead. Known issue in Apple's design with many Qi chargers. Confirmed by Polestar and also affecting multiple other brands of cars and wireless charging docks.
- November 1st release of Infotainment system has a bug where it uses the latest user profile when you get in the car, rather than the profile associated with the key used to unlock the car. This can be fixed by removing both keys from the profiles, then adding them again. February 2021 update also seems to require keys to be re-associated with profiles.
- 12V battery flattening without warning - though 12V warnings still seem to be occurring on "fixed" cars
- Car refuses to drive, with fans going crazy and consequently flattening the 12V battery - due to failed high voltage coolant heater sensor; subject of a recall for VINs up to about 2200. All such cars should now be fixed or have a slot booked to fix the issue.
- Car refuses to drive - due to failed inverter during manufacture; subject of a separate recall for early VINs up to about 8000. All such cars should now be fixed or have a slot booked to fix the issue.
- Check rear windows when closed - they seem to have a lot of play in sometimes (10mm or more!) although some play is "by design". Fixed with software update matching Infotainment revision 1st November.
- Sometimes charging continues beyond the set point (e.g. 80%) right up to 100% - this seems to happen if charging is interrupted and then resumed (e.g. door opened and closed) or using an external charger that has a timed charging facility.
--- FAQ ---
- The map has vanished in the driver's screen - how do I get it back? - You can either switch profiles on the main infotainment system, or reboot the infotainment as below.
- Why has my heating/mirrors/seat heating/rear demister/Bluetooth/anything stopped working? - Reboot the infotainment system (press and hold the touch button at the base of the screen for 20 seconds or so until it reboots).
- Charging - earlier cars (up to Feb '21) only came with a 3 phase, 16A cable for home use so max 3.6kW charging in UK even on 7kW 32A untethered chargers - 24hrs to charge from empty!! If you have a tethered cable then you will be able to charge at 7kW (32A/single phase) or 11kW (16A/three phase) as normal. In the US, it comes with both a standard 3 prong 110V wall plug and a 14-50 NEMA plug. If you have a UK 16A cable, email Customer Services and they will arrange a 32A replacement free of charge.
- Is there a printed manual or single one to download? See link at the top of this page.
- What sort of range will I get? 210-240 miles in general driving in summer, 180-200 miles at 70mph in summer, knock off (estimated) 15-20% in cold wet Winter days. Short journeys have a dire effect on economy and could bring the range down to 100 miles or worse in extreme cases of lots of short journeys in the cold and wet.
- Where is the mechanical emergency release handle for the charging cable? There isn't one, despite what it says in the manual.
- Why do I hear cooling fans coming on for a few seconds when I unlock the car? This is the climate air quality system blowing fresh air into the car (see manual). However a very loud cooling fan coming on for some minutes indicates the early battery sensor failure in some cars (see above)
- Can I rotate front and rear wheels? No - they are different widths, both in 19" and 20" rims. On PP cars, the 20" rims have "front" and "rear" markings engraved into the wheel hubs behind the caps, but these markings are not present on the 19" rims. Take note when changing tyres! On older 19" (and I think the regular 20") the rim width is stamped on the back of one of the spokes, and on the newer cars there is a Front/Rear stamping on them. They have pictures here: MC-10189031-9999.pdf (nhtsa.gov)
- Can you use the front USB's with a memory stick or phone to play audio files? Music from the USB C cannot be played. These are only a power source. There is also no space for SD cards. All music playback takes place via streaming service in the car (ie Spotify) or Bluetooth from the phone.
- Can you set a timer for the charging? e.g. only charge at "home" from 10pm to 5am? No. This is planned for Spring 2021, probably in April, but no fixed date has been announced. It may well come at the same time as the App.
- Where are the service centres? Most if not all the main Volvo dealerships in the UK will be carrying out the servicing and maintenance for Polestar.
- What are the service intervals? 24 months or 18,000 miles.
- When will the lower spec models be available? Orders now being taken (May 2021), expected deliveries in August-September onwards
- How does the system deal with pairing multiple phones? The Drivers phone takes precedence - Driver is determined by whose phone was on the person at the time they opened the driver's door and sat down.
- How are OTA updates to the infotainment handled? Updates are done automatically. You will be told when a software update is available to download and when it has been downloaded so that you can tell it to install it next time the car is locked. The car may be out of action for an hour or more once the update starts and it cannot be cancelled.
- Is there a built-in dashcam or something like sentry mode - will it be added? No, the cameras are only there to support driving and parking assistance.
- Would Polestar recommend any specific home charger / wallbox brand/company? From Polestar: "We have not partnered up with anyone at the moment, however we do recommend PodPoint as a Wallbox provider in the UK (Chargeoint Flex US)"
- Does the infotainment system support the 5G network? No.
- The Plugsurf key fob you get in the EU with the car, does it give discounts or some offers or just a free fob? Doesn't appear so ... so higher costs just for the convenience of one RFID. Not really useful in most of the UK, but in the EU there are more locations.
- Does the car just use one Google Account or can you have different Google Accounts linked to different profiles? You can have multiple Google accounts, each linked to a specific key fob.
- What cables does the Polestar 2 come with in the EU/UK? A "wall socket" to Type 2 Charger, max 2.6kW charging speed, and a 32A 3 phase 11kW Type 2 to a Type 2 cable. Note that cars delivered up to March 2020 were supplied with 16A 3 phase cables; due to the maximum current being only 16A instead of 32A, on a typical UK 7kW charger you will only get 3.7kW. Polestar will replace the 16A cables with 32A cables free of charge if you request this via Customer Support, although they now seem to be resisting this (May 2021).
- How do I reset the 4G connection if it refuses to work? This is a suggested route which works with car software that has "LTE" instead of "4G" in the upper left of the screen. Note that this seems to have been removed for P2116.5 (May) update!!
- The car must be stationary.
Hold down the defrost button on the center console for 15-30 seconds.
The symbol in the upper left corner changes, indicating that reset is in progress (empty triangle with x)
The reset is now in progress.
After about 30 seconds you will also notice that the SOS buttons on the car's roof flash red. This is part of an internal control of the Telematic device
When the SOS button stops flashing, the Telematic unit connects to the network.
After another 15-20 seconds, you should now see LTE in the corner
An additional FAQ is provided by Polestar themselves:
Many Thanks JRRF... Good to know, will print this off and refer to it.. I guess the Polestar delivery rep can tell me what's no longer relevant. Cheers !! looking forward to joining the club... must admit, quite nervous from some of the conversations ongoing in this forum referring to various issues. Bit of a leap of faith but fingers crossed.Someone has been updating, but some of the items are really OBE by now.
Yep, the checklist does get updated occasionally and it's still mostly relevant. I found it extremely useful when I picked mine up last December. Many of the issues have been solved (mostly) and many of us have not had any major issues at all. There are some instances of persistent problems that are hard to shake but many can ultimately be resolved there in the UK at a Volvo dealer. If you need one, folks here can usually help you with the good and bad ones near you. Let's hope you never need one though. I think you'll have a good experience. I know I bought mine as my first EV, sight unseen, and 1100 miles away from the Space and any help. Thankfully my issues have been minor and software related, all ultimately resolved with an OTA, a reset or a rest overnight.Hi there, newbie here... expecting delivery of my new PS2 on Wednesday.. above looks like a great delivery checklist. I note it's dated 6 months ago.. is this being updated incrementally or is there a 'fresher' version available on the forum somewhere. Apologies if this is a dumb question but still getting familiar with the forum. Many thanks in advance.
As best I can tell, the windscreen does not have the extra IR treatment that other luxury cars have available. It does have the minimal UV blocking that’s relatively standard.Aside the reitterating things already discussed... (should have read the rest of the posts)
the roof glass is treated and does a pretty good job of blocking heat from the sun, the side windows are not treated. But what about the windscreen and rear window? Are they heat resistant at all?